Jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis) oil is extracted from seeds of the jojoba plant, which are indigenous to the southern United States and northern Mexico. What makes it unique compared to other seed oils is that jojoba oil is structurally and chemically very similar to human sebum. Sebum is an oily substance that is secreted by the Sebaceous glands. Sebum is designed to protect your skin from bacterial and fungal infections. Sebum plays an important role in keeping your skin healthy. Jojoba oil is nature’s version of your skin’s sebum.
We use Jojoba oil in all of our Probiotic Skincare products because it is natural, non-toxic, non-comedogenic and non-allergenic.
Jojoba Oil Benefits in Skincare
- Will not clog pores
- Will not cause any allergic reactions
- Safe to use around the eyes and on the skin
- Rich in Vitamin E and many other natural minerals
- Antioxidant preventing damage from free radicals
- Provides excellent antimicrobial properties